The Dentist's Guide to Teeth Whitening: Regain a Brilliant Smile
Welcome to our dental office! A radiant smile is something we all aspire to, and teeth whitening is a popular method of achieving it. As your dentist, I'm here to give you an insightful guide on teeth whitening, how it works, its benefits and what you should consider.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that aims to brighten your teeth and remove discolorations and stains. It is a safe and effective method to regain a brighter smile.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
The teeth whitening process involves the use of a whitening gel, usually based on hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. This gel penetrates the enamel of the tooth and breaks down the discoloring substances. During the treatment, the yellow and brown stains on your teeth are also broken down, resulting in a lighter color.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening:
1. Improved self-confidence: A whiter smile can positively affect your self-confidence and make you feel more comfortable with your appearance.
2. Quick and convenient: Teeth whitening is a relatively quick and painless procedure that can be performed both at home and in the clinic.
3. Safe and supervised: When you choose to perform teeth whitening in a dental office, you get a supervised and safe treatment to minimize the risks of side effects.
4. Long-lasting results: With proper care, the results of teeth whitening can be long-lasting, especially if you avoid tobacco and colorful drinks.
Types of Teeth Whitening:
1. Professional teeth whitening: This is performed in the clinic and provides fast and reliable results. Dentists use a higher concentration of whitening gel than those available for home use.
2. Home whitening: Your dentist can also provide you with customized trays and a milder whitening gel for home use. The treatment takes longer than in the clinic, but you are in control of the process.
3. Other products: There are a variety of OTC teeth whitening products, such as whitening strips and whitening pens. These may be an option for some, but they usually don't provide as dramatic results as professional teeth whitening.
What to consider:
● Consult your dentist: Before starting teeth whitening, it is important to consult your dentist to ensure that you are a suitable candidate and to get recommendations on the best method for you.
● Side effects: Some people may experience temporary sensitivity of the teeth or irritation of the gums. It is important to report any side effects to your dentist.
● Maintenance: To maintain the whitened results, it is important to avoid tobacco and colorful drinks, and to maintain good oral hygiene.
In conclusion, teeth whitening is an effective and safe method to regain a radiant smile. Remember to discuss your goals and needs with your dentist before starting a teeth whitening treatment to ensure the best results. We are here to help you achieve the smile you have always dreamed of!
Do you want a whiter smile? We use several good teeth whitening methods. Everyone has their own basic tooth color that varies from person to person. Depending on your initial color, it can be more or less easy to whiten your teeth. Yellow shades are easier to whiten than gray/blue.
Before whitening, your teeth should be examined by a dentist or dental hygienist to ensure that you have no untreated cavities, tooth fractures, leaky fillings, tartar or other damage. These are important to treat before teeth whitening to ensure that the treatment can be done safely and securely.
We at Astondental offer clinic bleaching and home bleaching. The results of teeth whitening can be very long lasting with good oral hygiene and avoiding smoking and food that can discolor teeth.
Sometimes it can be difficult to achieve the desired result with teeth whitening then it is recommended to do shell veneers.
Bleaching with laser gives the best results
We offer laser bleaching with Biolase that gives very good results. The method is much gentler, does not cause any itching and the time in the chair is significantly shorter compared to the other methods.
Embossing with plastic rails
At your first visit, we will check that you have no cavities and that everything looks good in your mouth. We then take impressions to make splints that are perfectly adapted to your jaws. At the second visit, we try the splints on. You will be given materials and instructions and can start whitening at home. It takes 7-10 days to achieve the desired result.
For more info, you can watch the movie on bleaching here