How it works:
First the dentist removes the defective filling. Then dusted prepared teeth with a thin layer of reflective powder. Using a special camera, the dentist takes an optical impression of the teeth. There is no reason to take a messy impression and send it to the lab. The dentist uses this razor sharp optical impression outlining your crown in place.
Computer aided design technology helps the dentist sketch o designing the tooth from the optical impression. The design is done while sitting in the dental chair on a color screen. Patients can watch dentist design the new crown in front of their eyes!
Benefits of CAD-CAM technology:
- filling or crown fabricated in a single visit, usually in less than an hour.
- No need for the dentist makes impression and send it to a lab.
- No return visits for the patient.
- filling or crown is natural looking, because it is made of tooth-colored ceramic materials.
- Ceramic materials are biocompatible, high quality, sustainable and plaque-resistant.
- Metal-free – no silver-colored fillings.
- Many sources of error are eliminated, such as impression taking, plaster models and casting, Darfo , r fit crowns and posts almost always.
- Allows dentist to save more of the healthy tooth. (In most cases, the alternative would be a whole dollar.)
Dentist Shahla Hassanzadeh is trained in CEREC and offer this on their clinic on Oxtorgsgatan in Stockholm. We are proud to use this technology to our patients.